Spring is coming closer.
I can feel it.
One day I was walking home from class and I realized the sun felt warm.
Winter sun does not feel warm, it’s mostly just there for show. A reminder of the warmer days when you were happy and actually enjoying the outside.
Anyway, it was warm that day, and now when I get up in the mornings it is no longer pitch black.
I don’t know about anyone else, but this seems to correspond with happiness and more energy. It feels so good to have that sunlight back.
Maybe you can’t tell, but I am over winter. So over it.
If you agree this recipe is totally for you.
Vibrant and bright 60 second Orange Sorbet.
Well okay, maybe not traditional sorbet, but better because this stuff is totally processed sugar free.
Hell-oo frozen banana.
It’s not quite as sweet, but that’s okay because it’s natural and fresh.
All you need is 7 ingredients and you’re good to go.
Throw everything into a blender, and add enough ice (or frozen coconut milk) to get the texture you desire.
- 1 orange, cut into 8ths and peeled
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 5 ice cubes, or until texture is right (I bet if these were made from coconut milk it would be like the most amazing creamsicle ice cream. Yum.)
- Place everything in a blender and blend for 1 minute, or until creamy and smooth. Add more ice if needed.
- Serve chilled.