I may be a few days late, but.. It’s officially summer! Hooray!
I feel like I spend all year waiting for it, and then it’s here and gone so fast. So let’s all make the most of it.
To celebrate how about something seriously good?
Whipped Maple Butter.
I could not believe this stuff when I first made it. And apparently my family couldn’t either.
I guess it usually pairs with our Christmas morning Popovers (Christmas talk in summer. Geesh), but I’d never had it until I made it last year. Nobody knew what it was because….it turned out a little different than usual.
Butter on it’s own might get kind of fluffy, but when you add a little bit of margarine it turns into a whole different thing. This stuff gets like whipped cream! My Grandma could not be convinced it wasn’t.
It’s fluffy and super light and gorgeous.
Now this butter is pretty great on just about anything. Breakfast food’s are the prime place though.
Toast. Waffles. Muffins. Pancakes. I mean maybe not cereal, but you guys probably knew that. But I bet mixed into some oatmeal this would be boss! (Could someone teach me some relevant slang? Plz?)
Anyway, speaking of breakfasts watch out later this week. There might be just the thing to pair with this whipped butter!
- 1/4 cup room temperatue butter, plus 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/6 cup of pure maple syrup
- Place butter and margarine in a stand mixer or small bowl.
- Beat until fluffy. Then add in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes (kitchenaid) or until it has doubled in size. This might take a bit longer with a hand mixer.