Lets be honest here. Imagine a taco, or burrito with no cheese, sour cream, or dairy. It’s pretty bland, am I right? That is where I’ve been for the last six months. And I love tacos so, this is the worst.
The up side is this. Finally, finallyyy I might be onto something.
I figure if there’s no dairy they need something salt, and flavourful to make up for lack of cheese. So, chorizo you are my saviour! It’s spicy, and salty, and pretty great.
Pair this with some HOMEmade refried beans, and lime soaked radishes? Maybe an egg?
Uh, yes. Yes please.
I think I have a winner.
- 3 chorizo sausages, casings removed
- 5 tortilla wraps, warmed
- salsa, for serving
- Refried Beans
- 1 can of pinto beans with liquid, mashed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- black pepper and salt to taste
- Lime Radishes
- 1 cup radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 big squeeze lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Fried egg, to top
- To start warm a pan over medium heat with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place your pinto beans and liquid in a bowl, mash with a potato masher.
- Once heated add the onions and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add in minced garlic and cumin. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the beans and heat stirring frequently until thick and darker brown. Set aside.
- Prep the radishes and squeeze over the lime juice (probably about a quarter of a lime), sprinkle with a pinch of salt and toss. Refrigerate until needed.
- Over medium heat again cook your chorizo sausage without casings. Make sure to crumble it until it resembles ground beef.
- Warm tortillas in the oven.
- (If you want an egg on top like I did, cook it now)
- When ready serve with beans, radishes, sausage, salsa, ANYTHING.