After New Years Eve I think everybody needs a break from sugar filled cocktails and mixes.
A drink that’s refreshing, and more on the savoury side of things.
Caesar’s are the Canadian version of a Bloody Mary. The difference being…the type of tomato juice used really. Caesar’s use Clamato juice. What is that? Tomato juice with some clam juice mixed in. I can’t vouch that it effects the taste in any way, shape or form. So, if it grosses you out a little bit, leave it out.
Otherwise, I have nothing but good things to say about this drink. Most likely you have everything you need already in your pantry, except maybe tomato juice. In my books that’s a big plus. It’s one less thing to buy, and I don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t have a bar of fancy ingredients waiting for me to make drinks. Okay? We’re regular people!
p.s. If you actually have one of these bars…I dream and aspire to be you one day.
- 1 glass of clamato or tomato juice
- 1 1/2 ounces of vodka
- 1 big squeeze lime juice, plus some for the glass rim
- 3 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper for the rim, plus to taste
- First rub the lime around the rim of the glass, place the salt and pepper on a small dish. Place the wet glass rim into the salt and pepper, move/shake it around a bit to coat.
- Then add vodka, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and some salt if you desire.
- Pour in tomato juice, stir to mix.
- Grind pepper on the top, add in a handful of ice.
- If you want a garnish like me, peel some lemon/lime rind and stick on a stir stick. (Optional)